Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SnapperRod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BTYahoo calendar - Reminder email system

I currently have problems with BTYahoo calendar - Reminder email system - it does not send reminders!

Send daily Agenda system works but not individual reminders.

Anybody else got the same problem?

Another formal complait comming on!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BTYahoo calendar - Reminder email system

Have the same problem - but the daily agenda has also stopped since the beginning of this month.

Come on BT - fix this problem. It's not good enough - people rely on this feature.

0 Ratings
fatfairy
Message 3 of 8

Same problem here. Spent over an hour with the 'support' team and was then promised a call-back the following Monday. Guess what, I stayed in and no-one called! At least I now know that the problem is not just my system. I don't suppose BT will get round to doing anything about this but I live in hope.

0 Ratings
JohninCornwall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Same here,

I've been setting reminders as usual but now realise I haven't been receiving any reminder emails for the last few weeks.

A calendar reminder that's not reliable is a real liability, surely it should either be fixed or removed and us poor saps who rely on it advised.

Not everyone is interested in SPORT, you lure in new subscribers with great deals but screw loyal customers and seem disinterested in our problems.

If you can't fix this, tell us so at least we know to stop using it.

0 Ratings
JohninCornwall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

I reported this to BT this morning and, after being passed on to a 2nd tier group and explain that I was having no problem with sending or receiving emails generally but WAS NOT receiving email reminders from the calendar and haven't been for the last couple of months, I was told that there was a fault with the Yahoo server and that I would recieve an update within 48 hours.

As this problem has been extant since the beginning of the year I thnk it highy unlikely that a server failure can be the cause, even BT/Yahoo could surely replace a server in less than 3 months, but there is little virtue in arguing with anyone just yet, so will await developments.

0 Ratings
msd123
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I missed appointments at first the dentist  and then the doctor before I realised this was happening. Is anyone at all getting reminders ?

0 Ratings
msd123
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

My "fix" for this problem (as I have no confidence that it will be properly fixed)

1) go into Yahoo calendar

2) select the drop down button on the left next to the calendar name

3) choose "export"

4) save the file locally

5) go into Google calendar

6) select "import"

7) choose file you saved in 4 above

8) hope that Google reminders work like Yahoo ones used to 

0 Ratings
bjc_abz
Message 8 of 8

Yep, I also raised this BT some weeks ago, with the problem have been evident several weeks prior to that. When I called, the next level support team was unavailable but I was told that the issue would be reported. As you might expect, I've heard nothing further and the issue is still apparent.

Having many calendar events and reminders, I've been too lazy to move them to another service but if this is going to stay broken it might be time to switch calendars and also ISPs (this was the last reason to stick with BT).

Not great. :-(

0 Ratings