cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

BTYahoo contact list not being fully picked up when writing email

Go to solution

The title is self explanatory. For some reason although I have 13 contacts in one group in my contacts list, only 6 are being selected when I write an email (happens to be the first 6 on the list). The same thing occurs for other groups that I have.

This has just started happening. I gave up on the helpdesk I'm afraid.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BTYahoo contact list not being fully picked up when writing email

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. Problems with BT email, especially the Yahoo version, are many and varied. Sometimes they are transient and eventually correct themselves, sometimes they are virtually insoluble; and it's all worse when using webmail.

One circumstance in which your contact list will be picked up is when hackers get into the system, which has happened at least once. Keeping your personal details and documents online presents successful hackers with a wealth of handy info, which brings me to the nub of this post. Try giving up on webmail and use an email client such as Thunderbird so that you can download messages to your own computer and keep your contact details there. As well as being more secure, the purpose-built product is more user-friendly and reliable than webmail will ever be. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: BTYahoo contact list not being fully picked up when writing email

Go to solution

Thanks for taking the bother to reply so comprehesively. I will not be following the advice as the nature of my lifestyle means a a lot of travelling and use of iphones,etc as well as my pc so webmail suits me. The advice still doesn't address what is happening. In fact I have reloaded the lists and they are being picked up correctly now.

Incidentally the help desk weren't sure but said that I should probably change my password, but they weren't able to explain why I should do this. 

I don't want to get into a major dialogue on this subject - I'm just after a quiet retirement!  So will close off now.

0 Ratings