Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 24

Re: @BTinternet.com email accounts are blocking my emails

@Tonyclayton wrote:

Because friends with BTinternet.com addresses feel that they cannot change. As my email address is hosted as part of my web hosting package with justhost.com would not the problem remain the same?

Of course not, you wouldn't be using BT mail servers you would still be using your hosting company's mail servers as now. It is not compulsory to have an @btinternet.com email address.

0 Ratings
Tonyclayton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Thank you. However, the problem of sending to btinternet.com addresses and getting a clear and straightforward solution to the problem remains.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

Indeed

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

@MikeMaskwrote:

@Simon-D - I can assure that its nothing to do with the subject or email content as we've tested it with the email content stripped down to just a couple of words and it still bounces. We've also worked through all the advice at www.bt.com/bulksender. We have also sent a number of emails to the postmaster@btinternet.com account but we've had no replies. What do you suggest next?

Hi @MikeMask

In my experience this has nothing to do with your emails or their content but the reputation of your mail hosting company. If they have allowed some dubious spammer to send from their email server then it’s all the domains hosted on that IP address that get blocked. Of course if you are using your own server then that’s a different matter.

0 Ratings
Tonyclayton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

How do you set up your own server?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 24

Don't even think about it on a dynamic IP from an ISP residential service.

Tonyclayton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 24

I have a fixed IP...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 24

@Tonyclayton wrote:
I have a fixed IP...

So if you moved ISP to BT Business, with a fixed IP address, you would be given .btconnect.com which has nothing to do with the residential email service, and instead uses Office365.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 24

With regard to your original problem, are you sure your hosting company has configured your SPF/DKIM/DMARC credentials correctly?

0 Ratings
Tonyclayton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 24

As I do not have a home BT broadband connection this does not help me much, I'm afraid. I have not taken up an IP transfer because of the severe problems trying to send emails to @btconnect.com addresses. My complaint is that genuine and important emails are censured and deemed to be spam so that no trace of the email reaches the recipient. There is no mechanism for recipients to decree that my emails should get through. Furthermore I have spent hours trying to resolve this issue.
0 Ratings