Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SurreyUK
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BTinternet is rejecting our emails - Need a fix urgently

Hello,

Since Wednesday afternoon this week we have been receiving message rejections from BTinternet. This means that those customers of ours that use btinternet.com mail accounts aren't receiving their emails.

The message received by us is:

Your message couldn't be delivered

The message you sent to Joe Bloggs couldn't be delivered due to: Recipient email server rejected the message.Further information
Message rejected on 2019/12/05 14:04:12 GMT, policy (3.2.2.1) ID (5D6F9C3A12FC2BBD) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM
If you sent this message to multiple addresses, you'll receive a notification like this for every one that didn't arrive.

I contacted the postmaster@btinternet.com on the Wednesday and received the response below:

Hi,

Can you send an example of the failing email to investigation06@btinternet.com

Please do not forward the email as an attachment but resend it.

Please let postmaster@btinternet.com know when this has been sent so we can check the email's content and possible reason for thinking it is spam.

Thanks,
Saroj for postmaster

I responded to this request 10:35 am yesterday and have yet to get a response. I need to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

1. Is there a technical contact I can speak to to help get this resolved?

2. Are there any checks I can carry out to see why BT have all of sudden started rejecting our emails?

3. Have BT spam filters changed in any way in the last few days that would have caused this problem?

Thanks in advance

Simon

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BTinternet is rejecting our emails - Need a fix urgently

this is a customer help customer community forum - your post does not go to BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SurreyUK
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

Is there a more relevant forum as I can't get a response from postmaster@btinternet.com

regards

Simon

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

0 Ratings
MMarques
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

@Keith_Beddoe 

I have checked the link you have sent and I can see that for example, my client that is being blocked also, is following all the good practices mentioned on the website.

Still, the BT Postmaster is not replying to any of .the emails we sent to them on a daily basis.

Do you have any other ideas for us to resolve the scenario of email misclassification?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

MMarques

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

I am just a customer, so all I can do is to point you to the help page.

As you are not a BT Retail customer yourself, BT are not going to be able to help. It would be best if you spoke to your mail service provider to see if they can make any changes.

0 Ratings