Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindseyanderson
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BTmail on iPhone password problem

Hi there,
My email on my iPhone had started playing up. My BTmail account has been linked to my iPhone mail since I got my phone earlier this year and has worked with no problems. Earlier this week it started, out of nowhere, giving me an error message saying that my password was incorrect. I tired numerous times to change it to the one which I know to be correct (which it must’ve already been), to no avail. I have upgraded to the latest iOS, turned my phone off & on, deleted my email account & reloaded it etc. Then suddenly it worked, with the same password. Now again today it is saying that the password is incorrect. I can login through safari no problem but my email won’t accept it. Please can you help before I throw my iPhone in temper! Many thanks, Lindsey
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BTmail on iPhone password problem

It is NOT a password problem. If it was it would not have worked before or since so do not change your password. Doing so when the email system is not working as it should can cause more problems. 

It is more than likely a BT server problem and when this usually happens it resolves its self in a few days. The best advice is to leave things as they are.

0 Ratings
Lindseyanderson
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Thanks. I wasn’t going to change my password, I just wondered if there was anything I should do. I guess “do nothing” is the answer for just now then. It’s working fine on my ipad so it’s odd that it’s not working on my phone. I’ll wait a few days to see what happens. What a pest. Thanks for your reply.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

You could try turning your phone off and on again or leave it off over night and it might reconnect to a different server.

0 Ratings
Jellicle
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I find that when I check my inbox on my iPhone or my iPad, there is usually recent mail there. Then, for no reason, a box pops up saying 'Cannot get mail' and advising me to check the email settings. A minute later (or sometimes longer), it sends for mail and mail arrives.

I have no idea why this happens. I have learned to ignore it and do nothing because experience has shown that it will right itself. I can live with this, whereas changing my password and settings can cause endless complications.

0 Ratings
Lindseyanderson
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Thanks. I’ve tried the off/on but I’ll try the off overnight tonight to see if that helps. Thanks
0 Ratings
Lindseyanderson
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

So....I’ve just deleted my btaccount from my settings (tried before) and then deleted my mail app (something I hadn’t tried already), then switched the phone off and on, reloaded it all and it now works!! So maybe deleting the app was key?? Or maybe it was just luck that it worked this time.......
thanks for the help 🙂
0 Ratings
MAW1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

I have had the same problem this week

Logging into mybt tonight it said there is increased security and my BTID had to change to my email address.  Did this and claimed my BTYahoo email account so they now have the same password and I cannot use Mac/iPhone/iPad any more just WebMail.

0 Ratings
Lindseyanderson
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

If you haven’t changed your email username and password maybe it’s the same problem I was having. Don’t change them, just wait it out as the other person suggested. Or maybe try deleting your mail app and turning your phone off and on before rebooting it all?
0 Ratings
Lindseyanderson
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

....and here we go again!! Problem NOT solved.....I’ll do nothing and just wait this time.
Come on BT sort this out!
0 Ratings