cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lanzaga
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BULK & SPAM delivered to my in box

I get a minimum of 30 spam or bulk emails delivered to my Windows Live Mail in box each day.  Since BT Yahoo recgnises these as BULK or SPAM, why cannont they be held on the server instead of sending on to me?

How do I stop this?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BULK & SPAM delivered to my in box

Log onto your account via webmail and go to settings and options and find POP and Forwarding. Make sure it is set to "Don't Download Spam email"

0 Ratings
Lanzaga
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thank you for your reply.  I can go to "settings", but there is no "options" button offered.  I can't progress to Pop & Forwarding.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

You may need to go to the Basic view. If you click on Settings > Viewing Email > Basic > Save

Once you have done that go to Settings > Options > POP & Forwarding

0 Ratings
Lanzaga
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Going to basic view as suggested made no difference.  I still get 30-5  emails marked [SPAM] or [BULK] each day.  Incidentaly, no rubbish is delivered to my Apple phone or ipad.

0 Ratings
ricci555
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Spam is horrendous at the moment and has been for months.

check out: https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Spam-Filter/m-p/1655430#M45948

As you will see a number of us now forward our BT emails to a free provider like gmail or outlook.com and simply read them from there. As they have spam filters that actually get rid of spam

0 Ratings
Lanzaga
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

That seems a good idea.  I have an unused gmail address so will try forwarding to that.  Thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@Lanzaga wrote:

That seems a good idea.  I have an unused gmail address so will try forwarding to that.  Thank you.

Its best to do it from Gmail, as there is an option to fetch e-mail from other accounts. It polls these other accounts at regular intervals, and delivers them to your Gmail inbox, or another named folder.

That way you have full control without having to login to BT webmail to change settings.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Plus if you are still on BTYahoo, the Forwarding facility has been withdrawn https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BTYahoo-POP-and-Forwarding/td-p/1670896

0 Ratings