Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
speedycar53
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Basic Email downgrading from Standard

Go to solution

The help pages say that basic email is a single email address with no facility to add others but any you have already (presumably prior to downgrading) will remain linked to your account. What exactly does this mean?

Can someone please confirm that this includes secondary emails you have given to family?

Does it mean they will continue as a basic service with their own webmail logins from which you can send and receive? Or does it just mean that messages received will be forwarded to the one (primary) address. My interpretation is the former but I want to be certain.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Basic Email downgrading from Standard

Go to solution

All email addresses that were created under the same BT Broadband account will be downgraded to the Basic BT Email.

This includes any email addresses that you have given to family members if the email address is still associated to your BT Broadband account.

See the link about the BTMail products.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

"When the account holder ceases their broadband service and doesn’t want to retain their email access, we’ll automatically downgrade other users linked to the ceasing broadband account to it  (you can upgrade to Premium email at any time)"

Those email addresses will continue to function in the same way as they do now, ie they have their own email address and password but they can only be accessed using a web browser and not with an email client or email app such as on a mobile device.

If the family member has their own BT Broadband account they can have the email address linked to that BT Broadband account which would stop it being downgraded.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/can-i-move-my-bt-email-address-to-another-account...

Any email account that has been downgraded to the Basic BT Email is unable to set up any more email addresses which unlike before being downgraded the BT Broadband account holder could set up eleven email addresses.

0 Ratings
speedycar53
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Basic Email downgrading from Standard

Go to solution

Thanks.

0 Ratings