cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bodrigan
Message 1 of 9

Being bounced back to Google Chrome home page

Hi

I have a BT Yahoo Mail email account which has worked fine for at least a couple of years using Google Chrome as my web browser.  In the last days I've had the following problem that was not solved by ringing the BT help line.

When I have an incoming email open to read, if I then click on Inbox I should obtain a list of the incoming emails. However, that page appears very transiently and then I am bounced back to the Google Chrome home page.  I can go to Drafts, Sent mail etc without a problem.  I also have no problem going from say Sent mail to my Inbox and the list of incoming emails.

The same problem occurs on another PC.   On the advice of the Help line, I went to Setting/Advanced Settings and Cleared Browsing data but with no effect.  It does not occur if I use Internet Explorer as my web broswer. I have an old PC with Windows XP and so cannot use a current version of I.E.  Someone suggested changing to Firefox but I would rather understand the problem and correct.

Help appreciated.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Being bounced back to Google Chrome home page

0 Ratings
Grandee
Message 3 of 9

I have been experiencing exactly the same problem for the last four or five days except that my home page that it is bouncing back to is Yahoo. The thread given is no help. Either there has been a change in BT Yahoo mail or Google Chrome
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

It looks like Chrome is executing the 'back' action when you return to the inbox (you will notice the forward browsing arrow is available after it appears to have bounced you).

One workaround is to open the mail page in a new tab, which will make it the first page in the browser history.  If you have the mail page as a favourite on the bookmark bar, you can do this by right clicking on it and choosing 'open in a new tab'.  Similarly you could make it your home page.

Works for me, though I have to say it is ridiculous to need such a workaround and BT should fix their web site.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

@mrphilipbrown wrote:

Works for me, though I have to say it is ridiculous to need such a workaround and BT should fix their web site.

Or Chrome should fix their browser.

0 Ratings
Bodrigan
Message 6 of 9

Hi

I have phoned the Helpline for BT.  They are aware of the problem and say they are working on a solution.  Watch this space!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

That is the standard response for given any time you phone the help line to report a problem.

0 Ratings
pamela200
Message 8 of 9

The contributor above is right - BT will lose customers. I am thinking of changing to Gmail because BT is so hopeless.

0 Ratings
herrbohnen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I use gmail as well , diversification is the safest way

0 Ratings