cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Being told wrong I've entered wrong ID and/or password that does not match records.

When trying to log on to my e-mail account on my computer, I keep being told I've entered the wrong ID and/or password. It has also affected logging on to My BT to view my account in also being unable to access that. This has only happened in the past few days and only on my computer.

I know that my ID and password are correct but there is no live chat for my to get this fixed.

This problem hasn't affected my mobile as that is the only now I can access my e-mail.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: Being told wrong I've entered wrong ID and/or password that does not match records.

Hi @McSurfie, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Can you try a password reset on your BT ID to see if that helps?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Re: Being told wrong I've entered wrong ID and/or password that does not match records.

Did that at the weekend and it still didn't work until this afternoon when I finally got back on my e-mail to view that. 

Is it a possibility that the upgrades that have been carried out on the e-mail affected log ins?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Update. It will now let me sign in on Google having changed my password again, but on Microsoft Edge it's useless as I keep getting it's a wrong password/username come up. What ever was done with the upgrades to the mail and signing in it doesn't seem to want to work on Edge.

This is annoying as it will mean having now to import bookmarks from Edge and having to use Google instead.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Try clearing your cache and cookies in Edge. Not sure what you mean by using 'Google'. Google is a search engine, not a browser.

Click on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner of Edge, click on Settings from the drop down menu then click on Privacy and Security. Click on the choose what to clear button in the right hand pane under the clear browsing data section. Tick the 2 boxes cookies and cached data and then click clear.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Did that and it only worked once then repeatedly told my I was putting it the wrong username/password. Switch browser and logged in first time.

I suspect there are problems since Microsoft updated Edge as even on Twitter it will not bring up the Analytics page bust it does when transferring if Google Chrome. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Tried that twice and still no luck. Finally had to run both Windows clear browser and Norton Utilities 16 which did a much deeper clean to get access on my computer. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 10

I'm in exactly the same position.  Don't know if I should have used the tag or reply to say this.  First time on the Forum. Woodstar

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Using Windows own clear browser doesn't clear everything. I've done that then run Norton Utilities 16 after and it's surprising what is left to clear. Not only that it also clears a number of browsers apart from Edge/IE/Chrome.

I find Norton Utilities though better as it performs health tasks for all the computer in one place rather than run different programmes. It also has a bleach disk function that works, re-writing information deleted and free space to remove deleted files completely.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Sorry I haven't replied before. Your e-mail went to my junk folder!  I've sorted it now thanks.  Fianlly found how to clear cookies on my browser!

0 Ratings