cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Blacklisted email

Hi,

I've recently had an issue where emails I'm trying to send from my home PC using an Outlook client to access a webmail account are being blocked because the IP address associated with my BT Smart Hub 2 is on Spamhaus PBL list as it is breaching the below policy;

"Outbound Email Policy of BT Retail for this IP range:

It is the policy of BT Retail that unauthenticated email sent from this IP address should be sent out only via the designated outbound mail server allocated to BT Retail customers. Please consult the following URL for details on how to configure your email client appropriately."

The email I'm trying to send is from a non-BT email server and appears to be configured to be using the correct ports.

It's also a bit weird that my wife can use an Outlook client to access her BTinternet.com email address on her laptop, which also sits behind the same BT Smart Hub IP address as the one which seems blocked for me, without any problems.

Reading around, it looks like I need to try and figure out which device on my home network may have been hacked or may have had spam-generating software installed on it and may be sending out unauthenticated emails on an incorrect port. But as a temporary fix, the suggestion seems to be to block port 25. 

Does anyone know if I can block or close port 25 on my Smart Hub and, if so, how to do it please?

Thanks

Simon

0 Ratings