cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Block Sender and Block Domain aren't stopping a nuisance

Go to solution

I receive uninvited spam emails into my BT email inbox from ************. I have tried (more than once) to block sender and block domain but it makes no difference. Just about every day they come through. How on earth can I stop them?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Block Sender and Block Domain aren't stopping a nuisance

Go to solution

Please remove the email address from your post, it is against forum rules to post email addresses.

As regards blocking spammers email it is a waste of time. The email address and its domain will be "spoofed".

If you check the source by clicking on the "More" button in the menu bar then going to "View Source"  you will see that every one of these emails will be using a completely different email address compared to the email address that they are purporting to be from and also a different email domain from each other.

If the contents are the same you could try setting up a "Rule" and have them sent to your spam box automatically.

If that doesn't work there is nothing else you can do other than to keep marking them as spam and hope that the BT spam filters will eventually block them.

See link about spoofing.

Email spoofing - Wikipedia

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

First of all, apologies for the transgression. Secondly thank you for your help. I will run through the steps provided.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

1. I have forwarded the email to the Phishing team at BT. Whether or not they can do anything I do not know.

2. I have set up a rule based on information which is repeated every time in the emails. Maybe BT's systems will discard the emails.

Thank you for explaining what the root cause of the problem was and possible solutions. The root cause enabled me to explore action I could take and why the actions you proposed might work. I have far more yesterdays than tomorrows so your knowledge, as a younger person, is far greater than mine.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@englandjeff wrote:

I have far more yesterdays than tomorrows so your knowledge, as a younger person, is far greater than mine.

All I will say to that is that I am not in the flush of youth so I may well be older than you 😊