Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sandy9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 44

Blocked email address

Go to solution
My partners btinternet email address has been blocked by bt a couple of times a week for the last few weeks. The message from bt says it may not be secure anymore. Each time he resets his password. We have also done a virus scan and reset the security question. But it keeps happening and we are at a loss what to do next! Can anyone help?
0 Ratings
43 REPLIES 43
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 44

Re: Blocked email address

Go to solution

See link regarding locked/compromised email accounts

How can I tell if my email account has been compromised?

If you have followed the guidance in the above link there would appear to be little else you can do to sort this your self so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

Message 3 of 44

Go to solution

Hi @Sandy9 

Sorry to read your partner is having so many problems with his email address. 

I can help get this investigated for you, I've sent you a private message asking for the details we need to help.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Sandy9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 44

Go to solution
Thank you. I've had a PM from 1 of the moderators and provided the info requested.
0 Ratings
Sandy9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 44

Go to solution
Thank you Stuart. I've replied to your PM.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 44

Go to solution

Hi @Sandy9  Thanks for taking the time to speak with me on Friday evening. I just wanted to check if you have been forced to change your password again over the weekend.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Sandy9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 44

Go to solution
Hi John, no password reset needed over the weekend.
Sandra
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 44

Go to solution

Hi @Sandy9  Thanks for the update and I will be in touch once our email team complete their investigation into the initial problem.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 44

Go to solution

@JohnC2wrote:

Hi @Sandy9  Thanks for the update and I will be in touch once our email team complete their investigation into the initial problem.

Cheers
John

Is this to do with the stupid system believing an address is compromised, when actually the address was used as a forged address by spammers?

That has happened before.

0 Ratings
Sandy9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 44

Go to solution
Hi John.
Thanks for phoning last night and asking us to let you know when the account got blocked again. It's happened this morning. Huw is getting really fed up now! I hope you can help to resolve this.
Sandra
0 Ratings