cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Blocked email

Hi i am back to getting text messages telling me my account has been blocked for security reasons and that i have to reset my password. Last time this happened it could be anywhere up to 6 times a day.

I would be grateful if someone could look into this and sort the issue for me please.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Blocked email

Currently its not even letting me access the page to even reset it, so i am currently without access to my emails at all. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Are you sure that the text message is a genuine one from BT? Did it post a link in the text message for you to use and did you use the link?

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

I can't get into my email account as it's blocked so i assume it is BT who have blocked it and it's BT sending me the texts, that's how it was last time, when they were blocking it up to 6 times a day, this isn't anything new with BT to be honest.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

How have BT got your mobile number? I have not heard of other users being notified by text that their email account is blocked.

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

The text message would seem irelevant really, but yes they do have my mobile number. The real issue is, like a while ago i am getting locked out of my email account for so called security reasons - There were many similar posts at the time all having the same issues.

BT picked this up for me last time and it seemed to sort itself out but i simply cannot bring myself to call the technical help centre to speak to them as they are truly dreadful and have absolutely no idea how to sort anything out - no disrespect but they are hopeless.

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

I have the number it's sent from if anyone from BT can verify it?? I will post it if required.

Just reset it now and received an text straight away saying that i had just reset the password.

But it's a ballache constantly getting blocked for some reason?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

In the thread that you posted on previously, apart from you, there was only one other person that mentioned they received a text from BT regarding it. As far as I am aware BT does not offer two part authentication hence my questioning about the text.

The text message may seem irrelevant to you and it may well be but if it is not a genuine text from BT that you received this time or the previous time you had this problem it could be the root of your problem.

It may be a scammers text, and you may have replied to it by using a link in the text, either this time or previously. If you did it would have meant that you provided the scammers with your account log on details etc. which would allow them to lock and access your account at will.

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

I do not reply to any link ever, be it on my phone or in any email no matter who they claim they are.

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Unless a MOD can pick this up and verify the number in the text as from BT and also look in to this blocking of my email account not really much else i can do.

0 Ratings