cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barters47
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Blocking Spam Emails

Further to my earlier posts I am finding that whereas using my one email address (that of my wife) it's impossible to Block an email (Error message pops up, "Can't add self as a blocked sender") I can from my BT email address???

I assumed initially that the problem lay in the current spate of 'political' emails received from the States but experiments show that the same error message is generated when trying to block any email address. 

Thankfully we get few Spam emails these days so getting the ones my wife does receive is particularly annoying.  BT have tried to assist, but the latest suggestion is to just 'Unsubscribe' - to my mind this simply tells the 'offender' that your email actually exists and gives them the option to pass it on.  I was wondering if there is a method of blocking a Domain Name as opposed to the full (and frequently changing) full email address from the same domain?

Appreciate any thoughts.  Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: Blocking Spam Emails

Webmail or email client?

If client, which one.

If web Login to webmail.

Click the arrow next to your email address in the top right hand corner.

Click Settings in the dropdown menu

Click Mail in the left hand pane

Click Blocked Senders

0 Ratings
Barters47
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Blocking Spam Emails

Thanks V_Meldre, Have already gone along the Settings route to Block senders but still get the same error message, but strangely as mentioned, only on my wife's email account.
0 Ratings