cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 101

Re: Blocking Spam domains not working

@licquorice 

Except it's NOT legitimate emails; it's SPAM, often containing malicious links, so the Sparkpost origin is somehow being spoofed.

BT has dropped the ball (again...) on this.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 101

I’m fed up getting these emails. Many every day.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 101

If you look at the header you posted, it passes DMARC, DKIM and SPF checks.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 101

"If you look at the header you posted, it passes DMARC, DKIM and SPF checks."

What does this mean?
0 Ratings
Message 35 of 101

This has been going on for a few months with me and I am really fed up with them.  Before Christmas I telephoned BT about it and was advised to send each one to phishing@bt.com and he assured me they would take notice and look at my account, and I was doing it religiously but then got automated messages back basically saying they couldn't do anything.  I use webmail and on there I have blocked domains, put in rules for certain words trying all the various fields, but they still come into my Inbox even though the message meets the criteria for a particular rule.  I have now got to the point that I just delete them, it was getting to be such hard work!

Message 36 of 101

@licquorice 

So?

All that means is the checks are failing to spot spam.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 101

No, it means that as the SPF, DMARC, and DKIM credentials match the purported sender, ergo it is impossible to tell genuine from spoofed. BT don't perform the check.

How those credentials can be spoofed, I have no idea.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 101

Do you seriously think that if it was simple to stop these emails BT wouldn't have done so by now.

And before you call me a BT fanboi, I suggest you read some of my harsh criticism of the BT mail system.

Message 39 of 101

The only effective solution to spam, is the same approach as you would need to take with unwanted phone calls, and that is to use a "whitelist" of addresses that you want to receive email from, and sent the rest to spam. Trying to block spam any other way, is never going to work, any more than trying to block unwanted phone calls.

You can check the spam list if you are expecting an email that does not arrive, and add it to your whitelist. Email clients like Thunderbird help to automate this process.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 101

Sorry Keith, that just isn't a practical solution for email.

0 Ratings