cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Blocking Spam emails

Go to solution

Morning folks

Im wondering if anyone can help when using BT mail through the BT site I can block and spam emails from my account but when i try to block and spam user name or domain name on my wife's account I keep getting the following pop up, "Can't add alias as a blocked sender" any help would be appreciated due to the number of spam emails she is getting particularly from microsoftstoreemail.com accounts

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Blocking Spam emails

Go to solution

Hi @speedster Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're getting this error when trying to block senders.

That error message is normally triggered if you're trying to block your own email address when it's in the format of @btopenworld.com instead of @btinternet.com. The domains are interchangeable and they are the same email address. 

If you're getting this message when trying to block other email addresses, I'd like to raise this with our email team so I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

You may find that his email address is in the the BCC field of the email address and as a result it won't allow the blocking to work.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for that, it isn't just one email its every spam email she gets, whoever they are from.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

If you contact the moderators as suggest they hopefully should be able to help.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Already done, thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @speedster ,

Thanks for letting me know this is sorted. Just for reference we found an email account in the blocked list that was causing the problems. Once it was removed the problem was resolved.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings