Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Villafan1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Blocking and Spam Filters not working

Hi, I don't get inundated with spam mail, but I've noticed in the last few weeks that the same spam mail is in my inbox every week, and no matter how many times I block these emails they still keep appearing in my inbox.  As well as this, I am missing some genuine emails, because they go straight to the spam folder, and again no matter how many times I mark them as 'not spam', they end up there.  It's very frustrating!  What can be done about this, please?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Blocking and Spam Filters not working

To be perfectly blunt, nothing.

0 Ratings
Villafan1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Ha! That made me laugh, licquorice! But it's sad really... I have always praised BT (I worked for them for many happy years), but I am quite frustrated by this issue and the fact nothing is being done about it. I did notice all the other 'spam' messages on another thread, which are marked as 'solved', but clearly they aren't! That's why I put this message on. It's a shame because what with the YAHOO! debacle, many of us are justifiably concerned about having a well run and secure email service.
0 Ratings
sharonruby
Message 4 of 5

Did you get this problem solved.  It is driving me crazy; 66 emails overnight, 60 of which should have been in spam. Plus some genuine emails are going to spam instead of inbox.  started happening August time. spoke to BT who said mark as spam or not as spam whichever applies and this will sort it.  spent ages doing this to no avail. I  also "block" the senders but it stills goes to my inbox.  I am seriously considering cancelling my BT broadband and going with another provider.  Any help would be really appreciated.  Several friens having similar problems so definately a BT problem.

0 Ratings
Villafan1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Hi Sharonruby, I thought I had sorted it, as I had four straight days with no 'unusual' spam activity. But a few days ago I started getting the same spam mail in my inbox. Re the 'four straight days', I really thought I'd cracked it because I had turned the spam filter off and had marked a few emails as spam, manually. So this now confirms that whatever I do, the spam filters are not working! Yes, I agree, it's very frustrating. I, personally, wouldn't leave BT, but then again I don't currently suffer the amount of spam as you and lots of others; that may change in the near future, because I hope to become self-employed and work from home, in which case a lot of spam will become a real headache for me. What annoys me most about it all is that I have made a conscious effort to not spend my life (as I used to up to two years ago) on social media accounts, and I have scaled down the amount of public information I have on there. I'm also now very choosy about what sites I go on, who I purchase from online, and what information I give online. I certainly don't think it's acceptable for BT to keep fobbing people off, nor to advertise an 'Intelligent Spam Filter'! I hope a solution is found soon.
0 Ratings