cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Both my iPhone and iPad receive emails but NO emails will send from either of them

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Both my iPhone and iPad receive emails but NO emails will send from either of them

Sounds like your server setting is wrong  did you enter manually?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Re: Both my iPhone and iPad receive emails but NO emails will send from either of them

Check you do have the correct settings as per this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

This may be relevant if you have changed your password recently.

When you change your BT password on an iPad/iPhone it may only change for incoming mail. To change the outgoing mail password you have to go into Settings; then scroll down to Mail, Contacts, Calendars. 

From there select the BTinternet account and select the account where it is listed.  

You will find the details for the account and can change the password for the Incoming Mail Server there, but the outgoing mail server only shows SMTP and mail.btinternet.com 

If you tap on the outgoing mail server it shows that it is 'on'.  You have to tap on that Primary Server in order to find where the Outgoing password is hidden so you can update it. Once you have found it make sure that the correct password is entered.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

I am having the exact same issues. Suddenly all my devices will receive but not send. I spoke to BT last night who suggested there was potentially a server outage but I am not sure whether this was just an excuse to get me off the phone
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I’m still not able to send from any device (for almost 2 days now) BT called me back and said it was fixed and to try. I tried and I’m still no further on. The support person then hung up on me. Is this a problem with others or just a few? I see a server error returned with codes 2.3.2.2.
0 Ratings