Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djbailey
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Bt Basic Email

Go to solution

I have changed my broadband from BT to Plusnet. I now have Basic Email which I am quite happy with but I thought I read somwhere that this basic email service would be stopped after 60days  if I did not upgrade to bt premium email at £7.50 per month. Was I mistaken or has BT changed its policy as there is no mention on their website of this basic service being stopped as long as I access it regularly.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt Basic Email

Go to solution

The basic mail service will continue as long as you access it regularly. You will only be able to access it via webmail however. If you wish to access it via a phone app or mail client you will need to upgrade it to Premium mail at £7.50/m

0 Ratings
ascamp
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

You said that to keep Basic BT mail active it must be accessed regularly. Do you have any more info on that? E.g. do you actually have to use the web based interface to keep it active or can you use the service to forward all emails to another email address such as a gmail one and this then keeps the BT basic email active? Thanks

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

As I posted, basic mail is only available to access via webmail, no forwarding, no clients.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

The email account must be accessed within a 90 day period.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-or-deleted-#:~:text=Global%...

0 Ratings