Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Bt Yahoo Email on Toshiba Encore Windows 8.1Tablet

Go to solution

Does anyone know why suddenly I cannot connect to BT Yahoo mail on my tablet? I get a persistent Security certificate error as soon as I have entered my login details and clicked Log in to my Email button. Advice from Mcafee and Toshiba suggests that this is a BT website issue! Any ideas?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt Yahoo Email on Toshiba Encore Windows 8.1Tablet

Go to solution

@johngardner42 wrote:

Does anyone know why suddenly I cannot connect to BT Yahoo mail on my tablet? I get a persistent Security certificate error as soon as I have entered my login details and clicked Log in to my Email button. Advice from Mcafee and Toshiba suggests that this is a BT website issue! Any ideas?

Hi.

There have been a few similar reports about logging in - but I can't recall there being a certificate error.

How are you logging into mail ? I.e. via what link and method ?

Try using the direct link :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Re: Bt Yahoo Email on Toshiba Encore Windows 8.1 Tablet

Go to solution

The oddity is that on my laptop I can login without a problem. Using exactly the same route on the tablet,(Bt Home page, click Email,complete log in details,click Login to my email)I get the security certificate error warning,and cannot reach my email.

I've tried all the Windows advice, check time and date,ensure internet time is used,set web site as trusted site via Internet Options, but all to no avail.

0 Ratings
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Just to add to the mystery a friend,also with a btinternet.com email address used my tablet to access her email.No problem whatsoever!!
0 Ratings
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Problem solved. Apparently some accounts will not currently work with InternetExplorer on tablets. Downloaded Firefox,set as default, and I can now access my email. Go figure!

0 Ratings