cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Bt emails not being sent when on home Wi-Fi

Go to solution

I’m using an iPhone, iPad on latest iOS and a win 10 pc. On pc when sending a test email to another email from my bt email, it returns it as unable to deliver error 550 spam or phishing message. On iPhone or iPad doing the same test to same email it leaves it in the outbox. Then after a short while it says problem with my Mail settings  outgoing server. I am receiving emails ok.

If I turn off Wi-Fi on iPhone so it uses 4g on an o2 mobile network and try again, the message is sent instantly and is received into the email it’s being sent to.  Can’t do the same with the pc as hard wired to router, so it’s not using the Wi-Fi.

Contacted bt chat help service and she checked settings, line check and finally suggested resetting the home hub 2 back to factory settings.  That did not work either. Left it overnight and tried again this morning and fault still there.

If I send from any other email account on Wi-Fi such as gmail it all works fine.  

As the iPhone is sending ok with the same mail settings as they are when not on Wi-Fi, proves they are ok, so am I right to think this has to be a router issue?  

Any help or suggestions before the blood pressure goes through the roof or the router is chucked out of the window? Please

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Bt emails not being sent when on home Wi-Fi

Go to solution

Did you try turning your BT Hub off for at least 30 mins so that when it is turned back on you will hopefully be issued with a new IP address and hopefully connected to a different mail server?

Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Hi, thanks no, not tried that yet, but will give it a try. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Well unfortunately that didn’t work either. Turned router off for nearly an hour and same fault.  Didn’t send on Wi-Fi but turned it off and it sent straight away on mobile network. Arghhhhhh

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Are you using a VPN?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution
No
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

When you are using your PC are you using webmail (using web browser, which one) or are you using an email client/app and if so which one.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

When using the PC its using Outlook via office 365.  If I try sending and receiving from webmail it works fine.  Before anyone suggests just use webmail instead, it won't handle multiple email accounts like outlook does and hence I don't use it.  

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

@Lest44 wrote:

Before anyone suggests just use webmail instead, it won't handle multiple email accounts like outlook does and hence I don't use it.  

It wasn't going to be suggested. I asked about webmail to try and diagnose where your problem might lie.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
Sorry didnt mean it to sound like that, your help is very much appreciated
0 Ratings