cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plasmodium
Message 1 of 3

Bt mail has stopped syncing on Samsung Galaxy S9

Go to solution

I have never had a problem before with emails on my Samsung Galaxy s9 but it has now stopped syncing. Has anyone else had this problem? I have checked all the settings but it says "couldn't verify the account  - Pop/imap access isn't turned on for this account.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bt mail has stopped syncing on Samsung Galaxy S9

Go to solution

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email via BT Premium email?

Are you on the BTYahoo or BTMail system? If you are not sure, log onto your email account via a browser and look at the BT logo. If you see Yahoo it means you are on the BTYahoo system.

If you are on the BTYahoo system see this link.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/64738

If your settings are OK, it is not unknown for this problem to happen and the best advice is not to make any changes or delete and re-set up the account as that invariably causes more problems than it solves. If you do nothing the problem usually resolves it self in a day or two.

If your email account via your email client stopped for no apparent reason but was still working via webmail on a web browser there is obviously nothing wrong with your username or password.

0 Ratings
Plasmodium
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bt mail has stopped syncing on Samsung Galaxy S9

Go to solution

Deleted the Samsung email app then re-installed it and it seems to have fixed the problem