Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goldmankind
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Bt premium mail

Go to solution

How do order BT premium mail ?

This would seem to be a rather simple request, however we have links of how to cancel premium mail  how to keep premium mail,  or to buy a product to get premium mail for free. But nothing on how to order premium  mail so all emails on the account have access to the btinternet service  when you are with another provider.

Peter

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bt premium mail

Go to solution
goldmankind
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi   sorry  but nowhere do I see any numbered options for ordering BT premium  mail   that link is the page I previously reffered to  which is this option 7 and 8 you are telling me about ?

Peter

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

In the link under the heading "How do I get it".

7. If you don't see an option to move to BT Premium Mail or don't have a BT ID, you may be able to place an order for BT Premium Mail here

8. If not, you can always contact us on 0808 100 6778 - Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 6pm

0 Ratings
goldmankind
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi 

I do have a BT ID   Would i place the order using the BT ID log in  details  which is a gmail address, or use the main BT email address  then add other existing Bt mail addresses to this when its been opened late ?

Peter

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Are you still a BT broadband customer?

If you are and you are intending to move to another provider, once you have cancelled your broadband you will receive and email regarding BT Premium email and you will be offered a link to order it.

If you are no longer a BT Broadband customer and you were not emailed when you left or you were not offered the link to order you would be best to phone BT on the number given above. 

0 Ratings
goldmankind
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

From  what I have read cancelling Broadband immediately cancels emails. So then being offered premium mail after then, there would have been a time period  without emails gettting through, which would be a problem 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Cancelling broadband doesn't immediately cancel mail, there is a period of grace of several weeks to allow premium mail to be set up.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@goldmankind wrote:

From  what I have read cancelling Broadband immediately cancels emails. So then being offered premium mail after then, there would have been a time period  without emails gettting through, which would be a problem 

Where did you read that because either it is wrong or you have misinterpreted what you read. 

As has been stated, your BT email does not cease immediately. You will be given a "period of grace" to allow time to set up Premium email although if you already have BT email accounts it takes virtually no time to change as it is only a billing issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
goldmankind
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

There are numerous posts on here regarding people having issues setting up  Premium  mail. So in theory while it should be straightforward this isnt always the case. £7.50  a month is a lot to pay  for a mail service which doesnt offer 2FA security even. So in preparation of the possibility of leaving BT  I have commenced migrating the email accounts to Gmail  which provides 2FA security.

Peter

0 Ratings