cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shewolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Bt premium mail

Having signed up for Bt premium mail because I want to keep my email address that I have had over 10 years, I find that I cannot move my sub accounts across and the order number isn't recognbized by the **bleep** awful staff in Calcutta.

This is the main reasons iIleft BT broadband, why do you treat your customers so disdainfully by continuing to use these awful staff?

I want to register my Bt ID, but I am unable to due to the above reason. I have however entered my email address and password and this has taken me to an old accoount, which I shut after you closed my account unceremoniously and congratulated me on moving house- 5 months before my actual house move. Ofcom found in my favour and made you pay me compensation.

So on my account there is no premium mail listed. I rang Bt again- you would think that waiting for an hour yesterday, to be messed about was bad enough but I really do want to keep my email address.

I got through to blasted Clacutta again. He can't help me, he can barely speak English. He won't transfer me over to the UK.

I ring again and speak to Mike in sales, who can see my account number and gives it me. I then try and activate my account with this, but the number isn't recognised 😞

Mike however, this i do- he also gave me some option numbers which were irrelevant. He can't put me through and i have now queued again for 1 hour at present. 

Your customer service remains appalling and another Ofcom complaint looks to be looming.The worst thing about this is, you really just don't seem to give a **bleep**.

16 REPLIES 16
iggins
Message 2 of 17

Re: Bt premium mail

we are having the same problems.

Having recevied emails from bt telling us to either pay £1.60 pm or resign for broadband otherwise we lose our email accounts. We resign for broadband - oh what a mistake, we now remember why we left.

Having deleted one of the emails we no longer have the ability to link this account. We have now been on the phone and used the laughable 'chat to an advisor' function for nearly 90 minutes and have spoken to 2 people who's english was apaling and who wouldn't listen.

Does anyone have any idea on how we can link an email account without the reference number?

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 17

If you deleted an email recently in BT Yahoo! Mail, you mind find it in the Trash folder. Deleted messages live there for a while before finally disappearing.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
shewolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Any moderators out here...or will it be a trip to Ofcon again. By the way since when did d a m n become an offensive word you have yo bleep out? ;(
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 17

The bleepometer is ridiculous, especially if your name is Richard and you want to be informal. You should have used "damned".

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
shewolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Still waiting on a moderator BT you are damned useless
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

deleted

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Hi Shewolf,

Sorry to see you're having problems moving your sub account email addresses over to your Premium Mail account.  I can help you sort this out from here.  To get in touch, click on the "about me" section of my profile where you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Thanks a million,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 17

Please refer to my messages in http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Options-re-withdrawal-of-free-BTInternet-com-addresses/t... Once I found the right number I got all my 3 primary accounts and their sub-accounts consolidated into one, and at least one other person had success following the same procedure. As yet I have not gone through the Premium process - I was leaving for after the addresses were consolidated but still will wait to early next month.
0 Ratings
shewolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Thanks I have sent you a private message
0 Ratings