Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jasonmb
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Bt yahoo have deleted/suspended an email sub account # 2

Hi BT have disabled two of my accounts under email settings, forwarding accounts. This is my main email and I have had nothing for many days now, this includes related emails for work and online shopping. How do I get this fixed asap ? I have been on the chat room and the lady there was next to useless and denied there were any issues. This coupled with very bad broadband perf. despite paying for the top package I am very quickly losing any interest in BT. Who can help ?

I don't even know what phone number to use.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
jasonmb
Beginner
Message 2 of 19

BT Accounts - Forwarder / settings account stopped working

Hi, I have a forwarder configured from my BT account to one of a domain I own.  This stopped working last week and I have had no emails since (same for my family members).

How do I fix this ?   I have chanegd nothing on my side and I have read about a lot of BT email issues this week.

Also if I try and go to the account in email settings it says the account is not available. I remove and re-created it and it still hasd the same error.

How can I fix this as I am getting no emails for work, jobs, shopping, clubs I run etc. etc. and it really is pretty urgent now.  Even online chat - the lady was useless.

Thanks

Jason.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Re: Bt yahoo have deleted/suspended an email sub account # 2

Hi @jasonmb and thank for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your email. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this. Can you please drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 19

Re: BT Accounts - Forwarder / settings account stopped working

@jasonmb wrote:

Hi, I have a forwarder configured from my BT account to one of a domain I own.  This stopped working last week and I have had no emails since (same for my family members).

How do I fix this ?   I have chanegd nothing on my side and I have read about a lot of BT email issues this week.

Also if I try and go to the account in email settings it says the account is not available. I remove and re-created it and it still hasd the same error.

How can I fix this as I am getting no emails for work, jobs, shopping, clubs I run etc. etc. and it really is pretty urgent now.  Even online chat - the lady was useless.

Thanks

Jason.

Hi Jason.

I assume that you're actually using BTMail, not BTYahoo as indicated in another post? You can check this in webmail - as a Yahoo image will be present.

With respect to the forwarding, have you set "Keep copy"? That way you should still be able to see the emails :-

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45901/~/setting-up-auto-forward-in-bt-mail

Of course, this doesn't cure the mail fault.

0 Ratings
jasonmb
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

Hi, Its defintely BT Mail so apoligies if I refernced yahoo - to me it seems all related Smiley Happy

I can keep a copy of emails i sent but it's no good if people can not email me and they can't see emails I send them !

Thanks

Jason

0 Ratings
jasonmb
Beginner
Message 6 of 19

I filled on the form and have a reference number, how do I then track updates ?

I also use this for contacting recruiters, contracts etc. as well as shopping and other modern day activities. All this email goes to my own domain account and forwarded to BT using the reply as settings.  All this will have lost I presume as my additional account in account settings in BT Email won't let me open the folders or see any email. 

The problems this has caused are huge, no emails since late last week and another 48 hours to get a reply to the issue I submitted so 5 days lost in total.

I also missed a call as I wan't expecting one so I am not sure how I get them to call back again.  I replied to the message but no response as of yet.

Extremely frustrating.

Jason

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 19

@jasonmb wrote:

I also use this for contacting recruiters, contracts etc. as well as shopping and other modern day activities. All this email goes to my own domain account and forwarded to BT using the reply as settings.  

Hi again Jason.

I've had to reread your post a few times, but above you've said emails are sent to your domain? Can you set up a Gmail account to do the same as the btinternet address?

0 Ratings
jasonmb
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

It had worked fine up until last week for many years with BT, I use standard BT email account settings. I don't use gmail or hotmail. If I have to do anything it will include moving off bt for everything as I don't see why I should pay twice just to get some of it working - in this case email. What changed last week with bt as I haven't changed a bimg.

0 Ratings
jasonmb
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

Ironic I use my own domain so if I have to change ISP my email stays the same. Been with BT for a very long time so unless this gets resolved it going to come to an end. Having no email isn't acceptable or practical in this day and age.  MY domain is with fasthosts and it is basic forwarding with BT set to "replay as" back.  It's basic stuff and should not be flakey and should be simple to resolve.

I will look at a workaround tomorrow as I need this back up and running ASAP.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

@jasonmb wrote:

I filled on the form and have a reference number, how do I then track updates ?

There is no tracking, the mods are a very small team and deal with queries in strict order of receipt. They will contact you when your case reaches the top of the list.

0 Ratings