Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Bt yahoo mail not responding on all devices

Go to solution

This issue has just occurred today. I have two BT Yahoo mail accounts, Both are working ok directly on the server but one, the main default one,has stopped responding, send and receive, on MS Outlook on the PC (imap) and also on my IPad and IPhone. Error message  ‘ the mail server mail.btinternet.com is not responding. Verify you have entered the correct account information’.

I have reset and rebooted everything at my end checked settings (checked against the working accounts and passwords all are as they were and should be. I don’t understand how this issue can be at my end when all 3 devices are affected. When away from my WiFi same happens with Ipad and iPhone. On the PC if I force a send and receive on the ‘faulty’ account I receive error 0x800ccc0e. Unable also to add a new test  account.

I would welcome any thoughts from the community. Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
edwardblack
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bt yahoo mail not responding on all devices

Go to solution

I have posted on this topic on various threads. See for example 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/quot-The-mail-server-mail-btinternet-com-is-not-responsing-quot/td...

The best advice see for example Andy_N's post on thread above is to do nothing as the BT mail servers almost always reset themselves in a few hours or overnight.

That said, since the problem is so widespread it is INSANE that it is neither fixed nor even acknowledged

0 Ratings
martino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bt yahoo mail not responding on all devices

Go to solution

Thanks for your information. All your advice has come to fruition, this morning things have 'miraculously ' righted themselves. First time ever this has happened to me, although I see from posts in can be common. I knew it was nothing my end so was reluctant to alter settings. Spookily 10 minutes after I posted initially a spam email arrived (on server) claiming to be from BT but with a btinternet address, not BT.com, stated BT had suspended my email account (which they hadn't as access was ok on sever) and to click on link to correct. So someone could be monitoring this forum? I will forward to BT fraud.

0 Ratings