cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D------t
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 22

BtMail Migration

Has anyone been migrated yet? getting a bit fed up with how this is being handled. we could do with a fixed date when this will happen so we can be ready to start the process of setting up dissy addresses and registering them with the organisations. Come on Bt get it sorted already !!!

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: BtMail Migration

The migration has not started yet. No date has been given yet but I'm sure as soon as it starts it will be posted on the forum.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 22

migrating all of BT's broadband customers to the new mail service is a major job remember all the saved mails alone that have to be moved could be in the tens of millions there would be many complaints if they went missing please just be patient you will be notified when your turn comes
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

@john46 wrote:
migrating all of BT's broadband customers to the new mail service is a major job remember all the saved mails alone that have to be moved could be in the tens of millions there would be many complaints if they went missing please just be patient you will be notified when your turn comes

...or to put it another way....remember all the saved email addresses and passwords alone that have to be retained illegally could be in the tens of thousands there would be many complaints if they got compromised please just be patient you will be notified when your turn comes to be hacked
it appears that BT's customers login and password details were being retained in log files, increasi...

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 5 of 22

If some folk are getting messages (me included) asking them to link their spare accounts to their main ones by the 14th of April  then that looks like a target date. For something anyway!

0 Ratings
D------t
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 22

i don't think this migration will happen in 2014. this has been going on since last year, with messages and updates saying we are moving you to btmail shortly, please be ready for the switch. Its becoming the biggest farce and joke since bt called themselves a communications company !!!

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 7 of 22

Perhaps with the latest security issues surrounding Critical Path, BT are considering moving back to Yahoo! BT sure knows how to pick them!

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 8 of 22

I believe from what I've read the plan is they are going to migrate people over in batches. As someone has said when you've got millions of potential email addresses you are talking a lot of storage! I know its not easy when you want new stuffs but you are just going to have to be patient.

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 9 of 22

I've asked this before and got a less than satisfactory answer, if you've got a number of supplemetary accounts and over 100,000 EMs in them the switchover is bound to take time, simply handling the volume will be 'difficult'. I'm convinced there'll be some form of outage in Mail services whilst it takes place. 

Some answers would be welcome as to how this process will occur. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 22

I could be completely wrong, but I rather think all the mail is already duplicated on the new server. Mail is not held on just one physical machine, it is mirrored across several machines for physical and geographic redundancy, CP servers will just have been added to that redundancy. At changeover, all that will happen is the Yahoo servers will be disconnected and the CP servers will take over completely. Mail.btinternet.com has pointed to CP servers for quite some time now. This is all a guess of course.

0 Ratings