Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regan89
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Btinternet email failed IMAP server IOS14 - apple mail

I wonder if you can help.

I have spent the last 2 days attempting to setup my BT Internet email on the Apple Mail app for ios14.3 for my new iPad Air 4. Currently this email is working on my old iPad and also iPhone SE. Having spoken with senior apple technicians and tried every possible troubleshoot such as manually entering server numbers, ensuring my email address it is standard not basic. Nothing has worked - I’ve been told by apple that this is clearly a btinternet issue with the new software on ios14 and wether or not they have activated their servers to work with this.

Please can someone urgently advice me or a BT employee look at this. Just for confirmation I can add my other email addresses, my BT Internet email works on multiple other apple devices both in app and on safari (works on iPad Air 4 on safari also).

This is really frustrating as I’d just love to use my new iPad and I have been a bt broadband customer for 20+ years!

thanks

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Btinternet email failed IMAP server IOS14 - apple mail

Hi @Regan89, Sorry I don’t have an answer for you but it might help someone who can if you can state whether your older devices that are working on IMAP  are also running iOS14.3.

I have no problem with IMAP on three older Apple devices that have been updated to  iOS14.3.

0 Ratings
Regan89
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

One device is an old iPad and can not update to IOS14.3 and yes the other devices are running ios14.3 but this is on iPhone which I believe is slightly different to IPad IOS 

Thanks

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

We have 3 iPads running iOS 14.3 without problems, an iPad Pro, a  2018 iPad and a Mini.

From memory of older posts on here others have had initial problems of adding BT mail to Apple mail App on older versions of iOS, they were usually able to add it after multiple attempts to enter all the relevant details. Good luck. 

0 Ratings
Regan89
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

This is the new iPad Air (nov 20) for context.

is there anyone from BT who can help as this is just crazy

0 Ratings