cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoffwalker
Message 1 of 3

Btinternet is directing trusted mail to spam

I have used btinternet since its inception and never encountered any problems until very recently.

Mail from friends is being directed to spam /junk !  I login via bt.com and the browser is bt/yahoo.

I have attempted to set filters to redirect  mail from tmy spam box to my main mail box and this does not work.  Checking I have seen this has been a long running issue for users of btinternet but so far I have been unable to find a credible reason for this happening and a solution.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Btinternet is directing trusted mail to spam

Its even more annoying for those of us that use a mail client as it is no longer possible to forward suspected spam as previously and thus we have to use webmail to check for false positives.

The reason is overzealous spam algorithms, there is no solution.

0 Ratings
Geoffwalker
Message 3 of 3

Re: Btinternet is directing trusted mail to spam

I received minutes ago an email in my main mail box from a colleague whose mail has routinely ended up in spam. Today I have been working through possible issues. I discovered that the Windows 10 Mail App had automatically duplicated my btinternet account.  Clutching at straws I deleted it. Is this a coincidence. Only time will tell!

0 Ratings