Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobcat1
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Btinternet not syncing

Go to solution
I just spoke to BT through their chat facility and they said:

"We have checked with our server team and they informed that there is an issue going on at the moment. You can expect this to be resolved in the next 4-6 hours. Our engineers are working on it to get it resolved as soon as possible."
shadders
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @Bobcat1 ,

I had to reset my password, as in trying to change the password, the old one was stated to be in error, yet i could still login to webmail, BT account no issue.

After doing this, it now functions.

If they are only investigating the accounts of those people who raise a fault, then BT's attitude is one of negligence in respect of their incompetent operational processes and system design. This issue keeps on happening to different people at different times - forum has many people with this issue.

Regards,

Shadders.

barry1947
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Hello all,

Since the problem seemed to be with the password, this was going to be my last ditch effort.

I was only putting it off fearful that messing with the password might **bleep** the whole thing up and lose access to the entire account. Sorry others had to take the brave step first, but have now followed suit and problem is indeed resolved.

Many thanks to all who pitched in, excepting BT who are probably still scratching their heads (or whatever). 

Bobcat1
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
Hi @shadders,

Re this: "If they are only investigating the accounts of those people who raise a fault, then BT's attitude is one of negligence in respect of their incompetent operational processes and system design. This issue keeps on happening to different people at different times - forum has many people with this issue."

I couldn't agree more!

Rgds,

Bobcat1
barry1947
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Since I don't see how to edit my previous, perhaps I need to add this bit of formal blurb here.

The problem has been identified by the diligent efforts of others, in that the stored password field for the primary email has been corrupted. This needs to be overwritten by setting a new password.

If the 'reset password' routine asks for the old password, don't waste your time. This is the duff one and anything you type is bound to be rejected. Better to go down the 'lost or forgotten password' route.

Once the password has been updated the primary should kick back to life automatically. You just need to go resync all your client apps or webmails with the new data.

Again thanks to all contributors.