Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDD707
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Btopenworld// BTYahoo Email Settings

Go to solution

I originally had a BTInternet email address that was changed to a BTOpenworld account when Btopenworld  started, so have had by btopenworld email address for many years. It has been my primary account, however I have bneen having issues the past week and cannot access it from laptop (Outlook) mobile (Samsung S7 )Tablet (Galaxy Tab S4) or webmail using Chrome and IE

When I try to access it via BT.com webmail it says I'm not logged in, even though that's the message I get after I log in. (I think this may be because Btopenworld  originally used BTYahoo?) When I try to sign in on the BTYahoo site  I get directed back to BT.Com. If I try to sign in from Yahoo.Com I also get automatically get redirected back to BT.Com, however this time I get a message saying they are experiencing a temporary problem with Email and are working to fix it as soon as possible. Please try again later. However I don't know when the message was posted, is it still valid or when there will be a next update or resolution time.

Can anyone assist?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Btopenworld// BTYahoo Email Settings

Go to solution

are you a current BT broadband customer?  the btopenworld address came first and then the btinternet address but they are one and the same and interchangeable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DDD707
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
You can see the error message at https://home.bt.com/mapping/email/inf2
0 Ratings
DDD707
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

I was originally a Btinternet customer that became btopenworld, however am now a BT broadband customer. I've been with BT for many years so there should have been no discontinuation from my side

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@DDD707wrote:

I originally had a BTInternet email address that was changed to a BTOpenworld account when Btopenworld  started, so have had by btopenworld email address for many years. It has been my primary account, however I have bneen having issues the past week and cannot access it from laptop (Outlook) mobile (Samsung S7 )Tablet (Galaxy Tab S4) or webmail using Chrome and IE

When I try to access it via BT.com webmail it says I'm not logged in, even though that's the message I get after I log in. (I think this may be because Btopenworld  originally used BTYahoo?) When I try to sign in on the BTYahoo site  I get directed back to BT.Com. If I try to sign in from Yahoo.Com I also get automatically get redirected back to BT.Com, however this time I get a message saying they are experiencing a temporary problem with Email and are working to fix it as soon as possible. Please try again later. However I don't know when the message was posted, is it still valid or when there will be a next update or resolution time.

Can anyone assist?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

As it happened, the BTinternet addresses weren't specifically changed to BTopenworld when BT changed the name of the service in about 2001 when they introduced broadband. So you had no need to alter anything as it happens. OK, people at the time were effectively informed that they can use their email address, but using the btopenworld.com domain - and that btinternet.com was the same, and they were (and still are) aliases of each other.

BTYahoo is only a name used because Yahoo took over the mail system for BTinternet/BTopenworld - not the other way around.

What site are you trying to login to? It's not BTYahoo site, and can't be a Yahoo domain. The correct webmail site is :-

https://www.bt.com/mail

With regard app/client access, this is a very common problem (especially if webmail works). The thing to do is nothing, no password or app/client changes, it clears within a few hours to a few days.

However if there is no webmail access, then that's something else. As long as you're a BTBroadband user, and the email address is associated with the account, then it should be fine. Login here :-

https://www.bt.com/btmail/emailmanagement?view=email

to see if the email address is associated with your BTBroadband ID/account.

0 Ratings
DDD707
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Many thanks Andy

Unfortunately I'm having webmail issues too. From both the links it tells me that You're not currently logged in to email - to login, click here and when I click the link and re-sign in it takes me to the same page with the same error message.

Whats stranger is when I sign into my www.bt.com account and use the same sign on and password it works, that is until I try to access my email

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@DDD707wrote:

Many thanks Andy

Unfortunately I'm having webmail issues too. From both the links it tells me that You're not currently logged in to email - to login, click here and when I click the link and re-sign in it takes me to the same page with the same error message.

Whats stranger is when I sign into my www.bt.com account and use the same sign on and password it works, that is until I try to access my email

The BTID access is simply a string of characters with a password, but it just so happens that for many people it's the same as their email address. The access and email address are not one and the same items.

Mine isn't the same and completely separate, and I personally believe they should be separated. There have been cases where changing password for the BTID (which is supposed to sync with the email address if they are the same login ID), doesn't sync - causing issues.

However, to me this indicates that your email address is either deleted or in limbo. If you can't see it through the manage link I posted, then this needs moderator intervention.

Hopefully they will see your (or my) posts and invite you to contact them to find out what's going on.

If that happens, try to get to the bottom of it and post back with the details of the fault.

Jeremy31
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I've eventually cracked this, so will stay with BT although reluctantly. It's a complete breakdown since the new web pages and set up between the BTID Passwords and the BT Email passwords. It's not in anyway related to caching problems as I was told by one operative or it appears anything else. I couldn't login or add my account as a favourite or see my email.

What I have done (which is a pain if you have multiple devices is 1. Reset my BTID password then 2. Reset my BT Email password. I have now successfully logged in to BT ID then logged in to my email and can see it all again. If anyone else is trying this could they give some feedback in case it works / or doesn't work for others.

Regards (non tecky) Jeremy

jnprice
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I have had a similar complaint since last Thursday (28th Nov) and so far spent about five hours on the telephone trying to get it sorted.  I am told I am in the queue after six long telephone call and two broken promises.  Latest was by midday today, now 2.45pm - I am reluctant to contact an ex-colleague in 'High Places' in BT but will do so if I don't get a call before 4pm.    So BT can identify me - my partial telephone number is 019x6 5xx143.

DDD707
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Many thanks everyone for your suggestions. I finally got it resolved. BT called me at 1415 and then had to re-set my account and issue new password etc. All good now

Thanks again

0 Ratings