cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outback3012
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Bulk import of contacts

I am on BT Yahoo and would like to import my contact list into my Yahoo accounts(s). I have followed the instructions to import contacts from G-Mail, but after 17 hours of 'Importing Contacts' I gave up. I have searched for methods to import from a CSV file, but it appears that this no longer exists for BT Yahoo. Importing contacts into BT Yahoo is only available from G-Mail, another Yahoo account or LinkedIn. Have I missed something, or is this not a thing anymore?

Any help gratefully appreciated, thank you.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bulk import of contacts

I am not on the BTYahoo email system but when I checked on the Yahoo email system it would appear that you can not set up another email account within the Yahoo email account other than as you have said, a Yahoo, gmail or Linkedin account.

When I tried it gave a message to the effect that it was not possible to set up other email accounts but it was a feature that would be coming in the future.

This will no doubt be the same reason that you can not import contacts other than from the above providers.

BTYahoo is effectively a rebadged Yahoo account but is on the BT servers so I would imagine that the above will apply to BTYahoo accounts.

0 Ratings
outback3012
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bulk import of contacts

Thank you for your reply. This is just another poor justification for BT YAHOO. Having been a customer for 25 years and seeing the failure of BT to bring all of their email under one roof, I wonder where the customers position is. BT were ahead of the game in 1996, but now have a poor product that does not properly support calendars, contacts and notes. If I cannot get my email service under one roof, I will have to continue using other service providers to support my needs. Even forwarding emails is a problem for BT YAHOO.
After 25 years I cannot be bothered to seek another provider for my email and notify my large contact list of the my address change
For a service that is 'coming in the future' that is a severe failure by BT when measured against the Big Boys such as Google and Microsoft Outlook.
0 Ratings