cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RectoryBob
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

CALENDAR CALDAV

My experience using Ical from my IMac is that the Caldav server response is at best unreliable and totally unresponsive at other times. The service normally fails for a day or so but currently has not been available since the start of this week with no archive downloads to my calendar.

One of the error messages I get is :-

The URL https://caldav.calendar.yahoo.com/principals/users/**********/ encountered HTTP error 404. Make sure the URL is correct.

Is this a known problem and is there a solution. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
_rav_
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: CALENDAR CALDAV

I have (had) exactly the same problem and error message since early May. On Friday I rang Apple Support and they talked me through a way of removing the problem by changing to using my iCloud account for my Calendar. Very simple just export all the calendar entries from your Web version of your @btopenworld.com calendar and import them into your iCloud account on your desktop. Then just disable the calendar synchronising setting for your @btopenworld.com account in preferences. No synchronising, no error messages!

Might not work for everyone, but works for me. I have also moved all my Notes from @btopenworld account to my iCloud account and disabled that attribute aswell as I was suffering from patchy syncronising for these.

Working on moving all my real world contacts to the iCloud account now as I have an @btopenworld.com sub account that has only every syncronised once with my iMac, and constantly gives error messages.

Anyway the nub from Apple support was that I was the 4th person on Friday to call with exactly this CalDav problem, it is not  anything that Apple can do to fix, only help bypass, as it is a Yahoo problem.

Hope that gives you some options.

(I am now working on how to move my e-mail from Btopenworld.com, but that has wider impact so will take longer)

0 Ratings
RectoryBob
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: CALENDAR CALDAV

Many thanks for your response, useful to know it is a known issue.

One thing I am not sure about is how I retrieve my calendar entries from the Caldav server when I cannot access it, my desktop calendar has no appointments etc in it, it is completely blank.

Thanks again for your help, am I missing something in the process? 

0 Ratings