cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

Can I put several emails into safe sender without having to do them individually?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Can I put several emails into safe sender without having to do them individually?

No. There is no way to do that.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Re: Can I put several emails into safe sender without having to do them individually?

Hi,  thanks for the quick reply.  I thought that would be the case because I couldn't find a way to do it. 

Rather annoyig because after 3 years, I'm suddenly having problems sending a group email  of 34 addresses, via BCC .  I'm getting the 553 error. tried to sort myself and then spent over an hour on the BT chat, 3 different advisers and basically was told to use safe senders.  I'm a Neighbourhood Watch coordinator and need to be able to send emails to my group of residents.   Will have to enter all the addresses as safe and hope it works.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

Re: Error 553

I have spent an hour on the BT chatline this afternoon, to 3 different advisers  about being suddenly unable to send a group email via BCC.  I was told no one else had reported this problem and basically they couldn't really help!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

Adding the people/email addresses you are sending to to your safe sender list will make no difference. The safe senders list is to mark the email addresses that you receive as safe not the ones that you send.

There have been a few posts about the 553 error and it may be that there is a problem with the BCC. Some have reported when the removed their own email address from the BCC the error cleared.

If you do have your own email address in the BCC it might be worth trying to send after removing it.

It might also be worth clearing your history and cookies from your browser.

If that doesn't help, if your group are in agreement you could try sending a test email to them not using the BCC. This of course would allow all members to see all email addresses that some members may not want.

If it does send it will at least confirm the problem appears to be with the BCC and may assist in getting the problem resolved.

Post back how you get on and if need be further assistance.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

well that is wrong loads have reported it its hard to get email help from BT  I have had 3 engineers trying to help it seems because I send BCC  group messages I have been marked as sending spam this has also put a marker on my email address so twitter barred me for 2 days and lots of other apps where I am registered as a btinternet customer , BT have fixed the problem re my BCC  sending but I cannot log in to MY BT now  and as I say lots of sites that have my btinternet as a password on their site have blocked me 

You are most probably marked as sending spam too . I have been sending BCC emails to the club I run for 2 years this has just happened to me

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

Thank you for your advice. 

I had already cleared my history and cache and I don't have my address in the BCC although I do send the email to myself because I have to use BCC due to  GDBR.   I have been sending the email this way for the past 3 years without any problem!   I am at a loss especially when the BT adviser told me no on ele had the problem!!  (Where have I heard that before?)

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Hi Sohara

I t is very frustrating because I send the emails in my role as a volunteer who hels my local community. I may have to use a different email address which will be a pain.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

I doubt the BT advisors have sight of all the problems that happen with BTMail so if I would take what ever the BT advisors say with a pinch of salt.

It could be that the BT anti spam software has wrongly decided you are a spammer.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

I have moved your other posts onto this thread because posting the same issue on different threads can cause confusion and problems with duplicate replies.

0 Ratings