cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Can I revert to in-line email message threads on BT forwarded emails?

When I forward a received email to somebody else, the original email gets sent as an attachment. I really don't like that. Is it possible to revert to in-line message threads? I have looked through the settings and I can't find a means of doing it.

Also, when the email has been forwarded and I open the email from the sent folder, the attachment (original email) doesn't open in BTemail but it seems to be opening in Outlook. I would like to stop that happening too if I can't revert to in-line message threads. Is there a means of changing that?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Can I revert to in-line email message threads on BT forwarded emails?

Bump.

Any answers please? This is annoying me also.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

I have had no suggestions. It is possible to 'work-around' the problem by copying and pasting  the  message that is being forwarded into the forwarded email and by deleting the attachment. But it's a bit of an unwanted fiddle. I can't understand what possessed BT to insert forwarded emails as attachments; it doesn't appear to have any benefits to the sender or recipient.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Tbh I'm asking on behalf of my sister, who forwards me emails and I get eml attachments which I can't open as I don't have Outlook.

A pain.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Are you using an email client/ app such as Outlook to access and send your email or are you using webmail ie on a browser?

If it is an email client/app it is the settings in that that you should be checking.

As regards where your email opens you need to check in the Windows default programs setting and change what program is set to handle email.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

She is using Webmail.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I am using BT web mail direct.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Replying to an email isn't a problem and the item is already selected as you suggest. It's 'forwarding' an email that is the problem!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@englandjeff

Your thread has been hijacked by another poster posting about his problem and he appears to be  replying to my posts to you in response to his problems which is causing confusion. I am therefore bowing out of this thread rather than try to help two posters with different problems on the same thread.

0 Ratings