cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Can anyone tell me how to add contacts to Auto Complete???

Oh please please could someone, anyone tell me how to add contacts to Auto Complete??? 

Yes I fully under stand Auto Complete means they should be added automatically after I have used them once as they used to be before the great Upgrade.  I have lots of Contacts (I am one of the lucky ones it seems that have not lost their contacts with this 'Upgrade' thank God) at least half of which I use on a regular basis, but in Auto Complete I think there are 14, 5 of which I have never emailed, they are ones that have emailed me! I have Googled having not been able to find the answer on here and I am still no nearer finding an answer. To clarify I am now with BT instead of BT Yahoo, I have been into Settings-Mail & checked Enable Auto Complete & Saved my actions -  have I actually missed some amazing bit of information that would enable me to forward an email to my husband, as a regularly do, without having to actually type his email address in each time as my typing the first letter of his name I get nothing!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Monstrous new BT email upgrade v2.18.1 now here!!

Have you ticked 'Auto Save New Contacts' in the Mail settingautocontacts.jpgs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Please do not to post the same question on multiple threads as that just causes duplication of effort and confusion as to which thread to post an answer on.

I have moved you onto your own thread. Most posts asking for assistance on the "Monstrous" thread, one of the ones you posted on just get lost in the quagmire and make getting an answer difficult. Hopefully you will get some form of help on this thread. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

BT are aware that there is a problem with the "auto complete" function.

As per this link 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-migrations-Update-from-BT/td-p/2062527#

This was meant to be addressed in the 2.17 update

• Autocomplete contacts – You have told us that when composing an email and entering an email address, the address was auto-completed.  This will work on the new platform but the metadata driving it on BT Yahoo is not available to seed the new platform, we are looking at ways that we might seed this ourselves when we move mailboxes, for those already moved the system will learn as you send emails  - We are making improvements to our autocomplete function in an upcoming release (2.17) to give better matching to frequently used email addresses.

It would appear that further work is still needing to be done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

@Mum2Emma No need to auto complete. Make a new address book in contacts and move all emails from main folder to that. Emails will then self populate as you type a name.

If it doesn't it's because the email as ended up in the wrong field during transfer.

Some cases the email ended up in first name box

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Monstrous new BT email upgrade v2.18.1 now here!!

Not sure that will do it. I have to type out full name and still it doesn't cpmplete it half the time. I have to go into the contacts list and search there, even when I have sent an email to that person several times. It seems incapable of learning your top email addresses.

0 Ratings