cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Can someone help me and register an email as their sub-account just to receive one single email?

Hello,

I've got somewhat weird problem. Over about ten years ago I had an btinternet email address and used it as an Apple ID only for Apple Store.

I've always signed in with the email and password with no problem, but since yesterday Apple wants me to 'verify' the account by sending an email to no longer existing btinternet address. Tried to call Apple, they claim there is no way around it (apart from answering security questions; that doesn't work).

Called BT and they said that the email was obviously canceled and since it bounces, I could ask someone with BT account to temporarily register the address as their sub-account email. I need it only to receive the one Apple mail, after it can be deleted.

Wouldn't there be so many App Store purchases I wouldn't bother, but that is the case...

Can anyone please help me out? I'm happy to even pay some reasonable amount via PayPal for the trouble.

Thanks a lot in advance 🙂

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can someone help me and register an email as their sub-account just to receive one single email

Hi @zed150 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry to see you're having problems.  You're right, that's a weird issue.  Asking for someone to associate the mailbox to their broadband account wouldn't be the best way forward with this to be honest.

I assume you were previously a BT Broadband customer back when you created the mailbox?  If you no longer have BT Broadband you could set the mailbox up on Premium Mail.  Here is a link with more info:  What is Premium Mail and how do I get it?

Try the advice on the link and let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Can someone help me and register an email as their sub-account just to receive one single email

If the email account has been deleted because of it not being used I doubt you will be able to resurrect the email address to have it as a Premium Email account or have it associated to another BT Broadband account.

If that was possible, BT have been giving out false information to customers who have lost email addresses for non use and in their own help pages as per this link.

Why has my email address been suspended or deleted? | BT Help

Message 4 of 6

I wouldn't even mind creating a paid Premium Email, but apparently that is not possible without a residency in the UK. We've moved to the Netherlands years ago...
Technical support told me that the account has been deleted and after a couple years user names are flushed/recycled. So it wouldn't be obviously 'restoring' an account and it's old content, but creating a new email account with the old username and sending the one verification email to that email.
Anyway, as that is my only option I thought it's worth the shot. 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

As far as I'm aware, BT email addresses are not re-used, once deleted they are gone forever and cannot be resurrected.

Message 6 of 6

Unless BT have changed their policy, BT do not recycle email addresses after they have been deleted so it would not be possible to have a BT Premium email account with an "old" BT email address. 

If however you mange to get that please post back and let the forum know.

I would say that your main complaint is with Apple. There should be some system that they can use to allow you to verify your account such as an alternative email address or mobile number that you may have entered into your user profile. Or by using your registered payment method as verification.

0 Ratings