cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 30

Can't Access My Emails & No one seems to be able to help me, highly stressed for over a week now!

Please can someone help me. I've had my Talk21 email account for around 17 years. 

The app stopped working and I was advised to close it and add it back on again. Unfortunately I then couldn't remember the password and the security questions of date of birth, post code and mother's maiden name are not being accepted. I do know them! I've tried over 40 times, I've rung BT who appear to have taken the talk21 accounts over but been passed round 5 departments promised it will be sorted but it hasn't been. I've then spent an awful lot of money on hold on a 0808 number from my mobile for over 35 minutes and no answer, then another ten minutes, same outcome. There appears to be no 0800 number they tell me for the people I need to speak to. I did speak to that department though last week. All of them have promised by phone and live chat that they would have this problem resolved within a few minutes. Over a week and I still have no access. I've out in a complaint days ago, no response. I'm highly stressed by it all. I need urgent access for many reasons including medical notes etc for an operation I gave very soon. Please, please, please can someone help!? 

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 30

Re: Can't Access My Emails & No one seems to be able to help me, highly stressed for over a week

There's a lot of us in the same boat sir!
I use thunderbird and it has'nt been able to login for the last few days!!
I saw a post from a BT guy saying BT doesnt support email clients bunch of ^*%$££%$* 's
So, I've had to resort to using webmail to send/receive emails.
This problem we are having now has happened on and off for years! BT just cannot be arsed fixing it!! It'll eventually start working again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 30

Re: Can't Access My Emails & No one seems to be able to help me, highly stressed for over a week

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 30

Hi @Mayze and welcome to the community.

Thanks for posting about your email. I'm sorry you're having problems. Can you just confirm if you're paying for this email account i.e. Premium Mail or is it attached to a broadband account?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 30

deleted by poster, as moderator dealing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 30

Why pay? I've had my account for 20yrs never paid. My husband is a live.co.uk user doesn't pay.....do most people pay?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 30

@Juliedrew wrote:

Why pay? I've had my account for 20yrs never paid. My husband is a live.co.uk user doesn't pay.....do most people pay?

You have your own thread running and by using this thread you are answering questions that are directed to the OP of this thread. Please stick to your own thread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 30

Thank you for your help, It is a talk21 account that it looks like BT bought them out perhaps? I never had to pay, I don't for my business ones with other providers. I desperately need access please 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 30

Are you a BT Broadband customer?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 30

Thank you, that's very kind and helpful 

0 Ratings