Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PH61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Can't Send Email - Send button missing

Go to solution

Help, I can compose emails but I can't send them.  The send button has disappeared from the screen.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Can't Send Email - Send button missing

Go to solution

what device are you using  pc/mac/ipad/tablet/android/ios etc

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PH61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

I am using a PC.  I uploaded Java which may or may not be coincidental.  I can only write an email by selecting a contact but the send button is no longer there.  I can reply to an email but this now appears as a box at the bottom of the screen  with a send button next to it.

Thanks for your interest 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

What operating system and what email client are you using?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

@PH61 wrote:

I am using a PC.  I uploaded Java which may or may not be coincidental.  I can only write an email by selecting a contact but the send button is no longer there.  I can reply to an email but this now appears as a box at the bottom of the screen  with a send button next to it.

Thanks for your interest 

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Are you logging into email using the browser or an email client such as Outlook, Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail ?

When you say you've "uploaded Java" - do you actually mean that you have installed a Java update when prompted, and when looking at the browser, accepted the add-in ? This should not interfere.

What browser are you using, IE8 or IE9, Firefox, Chrome, Opera or another ?

If you are using a browser, was the Send button just above the "Compose email" entry screen ?

Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Sounds like you have disabled Javascript.

0 Ratings
PH61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for the welcome.

Although I use a PC all day at work I am not very computer literate as you can probably tell.

I am logging in from my web browser.  I use Chrome.

Yes it was a Java update, not that I knew that I had Java on my PC.  (My lad who is spending a year at the Antarctic set it all up for me).

There is now no option to compose an email and yes I believe the send button was above the "Compose email" entry screen. Would I be better using outlook?  The only problem is how to set it up!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

I don’t use Chrome so I am unable to offer much help with it.

Here is a link showing how to enable javascript as suggested by Ratty2012

http://www.activatejavascript.org/en/instructions/chrome

There may be somebody on the forum that can offer more help or if you have another browser on your computer you could always try it. If not you could down load Firefox browser and use it. You can down load it from here.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

0 Ratings
PH61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

I have checked the settings as sugested and Java is enabled therfore that can't have been the issue.  Thanks for your help.

I am no further forward on the emai front though.  The compose email and send tab is still missing.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

Don't know if this will help but you could try clearing the browser cache and cookies and disable any browser extensions then restart the browser to see if that has sorted it.

0 Ratings