cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Can't access 'My BT'... any suggestions?

Go to solution

When viewing my WebMail, clicking on the 'My BT' header opens a new login page as usual. However, when I enter the email address, and password, it looks as if it is logging me on, but then after a few seconds, just loops round to a blank login page again. No error messages at all. (It worked perfectly last week)

Is this just a temporary SNAFU?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't access 'My BT'... any suggestions?

Go to solution

Solved!

Up to last week I signed into 'MyBT' via a standard 'talk21.com' address.

It now will not accept the standard format, however, if you change it to:

(name).t21@btinternet.com it logs you straight on.

Shame they didn't introduce a more helpful 'error message' to that effect rather than just looping you round to the login screen all the time...

(Oh, and interesting that this thread was shifted to, "Bills & Packages" from the original more appropriate forum I had posted on as it has nothing to do with Bills & Packages - maybe the 'mod' hadn't had their morning coffee yet! LOL)

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Stephen5000 I'm not sure who moved the thread or why but I've put it back on email boards. We raised this problem with the email the other day after it was raised by a few other community members and they're looking into it. 

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

It was moved from the "Email"  board to Bills&Packages which is where problems with MyBT are dealt with and your problem was in relation to your log on for your MyBT and nothing to do with an email problem albeit you use an email address as the log on string.

EDIT: Post crossed with the above and note the moderator has moved it back to the email board!

As per the Bills & Packages board heading:- 

Bills & Packages

Payments, charges, call options, MyBT queries - find the answer to your billing queries in this board.

0 Ratings