cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Can’t access all of my email addresses

Go to solution

When I log on to the BT site and select Email it takes me to my main email address.

Once there if I click on my email address in the top right hand corner a box opens and the top option is Switch Account if I then position the mouse cursor over this, my other three email addresses are displayed.

Unfortunately now only two of them appear:

I know the third one is still working as I can send and receive messages to and from it using windows live mail my email client.

But I can’t access it from the BT site this means that I have no access to the online folders for this address particularly the Spam folder which BT sometimes put legitimate mail into.

Please can someone tell me how to make the third address viewable again?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can’t access all of my email addresses

Go to solution

Some of your email accounts will have been moved onto the new BTMail email system.

While your email accounts are on different email systems  they will not show up on the drop down box and obviously you won't be able to switch between them.

When all of the accounts have moved on to the same email system you will be able to use the dropdown box.

This will only be the case if the emails are all merged under the same BT ID and haven't been gifted so some one else.

See link about the move.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/We-re-updating-BT-Email/td-p/2005956

Meanwhile you will need to log onto your "missing" email account separately using the BT email logon page.

BT Email 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

You should be able to login to it directly here 

BT are in the process of moving email addresses to the new BT email system, those moved won't be visible in the drop down list until all accounts are moved to the same platform.

Edit : Snap

Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you for your prompt and very helpful answer.
Also thanks to both you and Licquorice for providing the log in link. I have been using the drop down box for so long now I had forgotten that I can access each address individually.
I followed the update link that you provided and it says: BT are upgrading a randomly selected group of customers.

As it says customers rather than individual email addresses, does this mean that the rest of my email addresses will move fairly soon. I only ask as I’m planning to change my email client from Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook and wonder if doing this when BT are in the middle of moving my accounts might cause a conflict.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

If you use the recommended settings, they are the same regardless of mail system. It is only customers that have incorrectly used Yahoo settings in the past for their clients that will experience problems.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you, any idea of timescales to complete the move, for my accounts.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

None at all.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Your honesty is refreshing.