Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zantedeschia
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Can't access email via outlook or gmail - only via webmail

Go to solution

Hello,

I am unable to access my btinternet email via outlook or gmail (the latter on my phone) - but when I checked webmail it's working fine. I'm assuming it's a bt problem because both outlook and gmail have started having problems simultaneously. Is this one of those temporary problems that'll just resolve itself, or should I be doing something about it? 

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't access email via outlook or gmail - only via webmail

Go to solution

@zantedeschiawrote:

Hello,

I am unable to access my btinternet email via outlook or gmail (the latter on my phone) - but when I checked webmail it's working fine. I'm assuming it's a bt problem because both outlook and gmail have started having problems simultaneously. Is this one of those temporary problems that'll just resolve itself, or should I be doing something about it? 

Thanks.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

This sounds like a typical issue that affects people from time to time. The forum advice is to do nothing, no settings changes, no password changes, no remove/re-add apps or accounts etc.

The problem is almost certainly temporary as it was working, and now not. The issue can last anything from a few minutes, a few hours to a few days.

The thing to do is to perhaps stop any smart devices from auto-polling, and do a manual email check on one device every hour or so. When you get access, then return all devices to normal function.

0 Ratings
zantedeschia
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks.

I assume by auto-polling you mean sync? 

Will try that. 

0 Ratings
Prydie
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

This seems to be recurring more frequently now & is a complete pain, can BT not get this sorted out once & for all? 

0 Ratings