Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wendy11
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Can’t access my inbox

Go to solution
Logging in via web browser when I access my inbox it doesn’t load just comes back with Error -An unexpected error has occurred. I can see sent trash spam etc.. I can send an email just cannot see mail in my inbox???? Why???
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
tessie2000
Beginner
Message 2 of 15

Re: Can’t access my inbox

Go to solution

I have the same problem and spent 47 minutes on chat and nearly two hours on the phone Wednesday (6th) trying to sort this out, to be told it was a system error.  My inbox is still invisible and it is now nearly 3 days since I have been able to view my incoming mail.  BT are just shambolic!

0 Ratings
Wendy11
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
The online chat with BT was shambolic - lady said an email expert would contact us on the 16th March😂😂😂then disconnected us before we could say a word. Disgraceful service and we pay a fortune for this terrible service - speechless 😶
0 Ratings
tessie2000
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

I have a call booked for 14th but if it is a system error, then that is going to be a waste of time.

BT is paying its new chief executive Philip Jansen £3.9million a year.  I bet his BT email gets fixed if anything goes wrong.   These people are a complete disgrace.

0 Ratings
Wendy11
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Tessie2000

My husband worked out this morning when you log into your emails on desktop or laptop if you click in the top right corner change view and just try all the different views we found conversation view worked and then  then gone back in to select what view suits you and hey presto it worked - we have our inbox back.

We are not one bit technical - took a 2 minute look around the screen- very disappointed we couldnt be offered any advice like that from our 40 minute chats with the helpline....

Good luck

tessie2000
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Brilliant, it worked!  Why could the BT experts not do that?  Very many thanks!

0 Ratings
Wendy11
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
We are as pleased as you - he’s no engineer but just applied some logic . Have a great weekend
0 Ratings
tessie2000
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Your husband definitely did his good deed for the day as far as I am concerned!  Please thank him.  I am now catching up on all the stuff I should have been attending to since Tuesday.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @Wendy11  & @tessie2000 ,

Thanks for the posts and welcome to our Community.  

I just wanted to take this opportunity to offer a sincere apology for the poor experience you endured in terms of accessing your email account.  Its very disappointing to read that despite contacting our helpdesk BT were unable to offer you advice to fix this problem, especially when it turned out to be a straightforward fix.  I am very sorry about this and I will make sure your comments are seen by our product team.

@Wendy11  A special thanks to you for coming back to share the fix that your husband found.  This info has already helped Tessie and no doubt will help others who find themselves in a similar position.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
AlanTonkyn
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you so much for this!  The BT webchat fellow was useless, and I was then put off until the following day, and got contradictory SMS messages about when they would call me, many of them automated and probably inaccurate.  I had a couple of false starts using your husband's excellent trick, but it seems to be working OK now.  Why couldn't BT do this?

0 Ratings