Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicario
Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: Can't access webmail

Go to solution

It's stuff that would be of no use to anyone else, but the odd message containing financial data has spreadsheets which are password protected.

0 Ratings
Vicario
Contributor
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

If it's any use to those who only use webmail, it seems that my account is still very much alive as I use Outlook and that still works.  Open a free Outlook account then set your BT mail to be sent and received from that.  The instructions are on the BT website.  What I like about the Microsoft system is that they offer (as do Gmail) two-step verification via text message.

0 Ratings
Vicario
Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

Daniel - have re-submitted form with error corrected.  Please ignore first one.

Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @jaybs1,

We'll be able to go over your account to find out what's going on. You can get in touch with me by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. You'll find that in the about me section. With the weekend, it will take us until early next week before we're able to reply.

@Vicario, thanks for that. Both of them are in our queue now. I'll leave a note so they know to avoid the first one.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
jaybs1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks DanielS

Much appreciated!

I have found that if I say reset my password and I eneter My BT and see a list of my details, if these is my email and I clock on that it does allow me to enter, that is what the customer help must have done when they took control of my laptop.

The problem seems to be only when I click on the My BT bar at the top of the general page and click on email, and that is on all three browsers, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.

It would not be practical to reset my password every time I want to use email onine

Thanks John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

@jaybs1  What happens if you log in to webmail directly via this link https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings
Highlighted
bobjames
Beginner
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

I am also having the same problem. I reported it last night to 151 after queuing for 1 hour! A fault report has been started on my account.

0 Ratings
Vicario
Contributor
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

A very nice lady rang from India.  She suggested typing account.yahoo.com (no http or anything) and then logging in from Yahoo.  I logged on on as usual and it bounced me back a few times but then I suddenly saw a mail icon at the top of a page that said 'mail' and I was in.  I have done it a few times now and it sometimes goes to my Account page but then I just click on mail to get in.  The normal BT logon boxes on BT.com and elsewhere don't work.  She said this was happening a lot and they're not sure why.  Presumably this only works if you're still with BTYahoo.

0 Ratings
Vicario
Contributor
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

Extra info.  Once you have got the Yahoo sign in page, bookmark it.  If you keep entering mail.yahoo.com in your browser it changes to https://mail.yahoo.com which seems to go straight back to the BT login page.  When you have got to your email page DO NOT sign out.  You can exit the page, of course, by clicking on the cross in the TRHC.  By using the bookmark I can get straight back in.  This has taken a few hours to get right and there's still something wrong somewhere so if the mods pick this up on Monday I'd still like them to escalate it to the team.  Despite rumours to the contrary, India still comes up with the call back and the lady was actually very good.  But this fix is only a temporary solution and something is stopping me (and others) from using the traditional routes to log into our email.  The BT site in particular still bounces me out when I click on Email.

0 Ratings
Vicario
Contributor
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

Daniel - as I'm now able to access my webmail and the BT page logon has begun to work, please can we leave it for a few days to see if it all settles?  Thank you very much for your interest.

0 Ratings