cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Can't add alias as a blocked sender

Go to solution

Hi. Under my own (primary user) email account I can block by sender and domain. My son as an additional user also has this facility. However, my husband, also an additional user gets an error message when he tries to use this function. 

When I get a dodgy email I click more options then click on block domain & block sender & then never hear from that sender again. 

My husband when he tries this gets the message "Can't add alias as a blocked sender"

Obviously, all these scammers are using an alias!  But I never have this issue when blocking them (nor does my son). 

My husband is bombarded with these emails - literally dozens a day in both his spam box and main inbox. 

Does anyone know how to get the blocked sender/domain function working on his account please? 

Many thanks. 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't add alias as a blocked sender

Go to solution

Hi, @Tillymint71 Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're getting that error when trying to block senders and for the delay getting back to you. That error message is normally triggered if you're trying to block your own email address when it's in the format of @btopenworld.com instead of @btinternet.com. The domains are interchangeable 

If you're getting this message when trying to block other email addresses I'd like to raise this with our email team and I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

You may find that his email address is in the the BCC field of the email address and as a result it won't allow the blocking to work.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share the solution, it transpired that the customer had inadvertently blocked his own email address previously, which the new BT email system will now not allow. Deleting the rule in the blocked sender's list has resolved the issue.

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Hi Neil,
Thanks for all your help - all working perfectly again now.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Tillymint71 No problem, I'm glad I was able to help 😁

0 Ratings