Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bingo1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Can't create an e-mail address

Go to solution

i just joined bt broadband yesterday (infinity 2) , i was with talk talk , so my talktalk e-mail address will no longer work when infinity 2 gets activated in two weeks time , so i need a btinternet e-mail address so that i can change all my e-mails over.

iv'e logged into my bt but i have no option anywhere to create an e-mail , i was told the option to create one was in "set up my extras" but i dont see any internet/email options there . i have looked all throughout the my bt options but i cant find how to create an e-mail address anywhere!

i have also clicked email next to my bt and it says..... "There isn't a BT Yahoo! Mail service associated with the username/email address you've entered"

i just want a btinternet e-mail address 🙂

thankyou

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Can't create an e-mail address

Go to solution

I don't think you can create an email address until everything with the order is complete.

0 Ratings
bingo1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

so does that mean i wont be able to create an e-mail address until the infinity 2 has been activated? 

i wanted to create a btinternet e-mail now so that i can start to swap my mail away from my old talktalk email address, ready for when infinity 2 is activated 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

If I were you, I wouldn't bother with having an @btinternet.com email  address. It is much better to have a non-isp address such as Gmail or Hotmail (or your own domain) then you don't have to change it every time you change ISP.

0 Ratings
bingo1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

i do have a hotmail one , but i want a btinternet one for my personal stuff , i dont use hotmail for personal stuff.

0 Ratings
bingo1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

been 2 days since i ordered and still my bt/extras have not been updated , i still cant create and e-mail!

i'm desperate to create a btinternet e-mail address!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

As you have already been informed, until your order is completed and your line is activated you will not be able to make any BT email address or see all the items that will be in your MyBT. Even when it is activated it can take a couple of days for MyBT to populate fully.

0 Ratings
bingo1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

ok thankyou for your response.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Really don't understand this desperation for a BTinternet mail address, most people are trying to get away from BT mail!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Oliver341
Expert
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

Really don't understand this desperation for a BTinternet mail address, most people are trying to get away from BT mail!!

Yeah. If someone can tell me why a BT email address is better than a Gmail or Outlook.com email address I'd love to hear it!

Oliver.
0 Ratings