cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tmchapman
Message 1 of 2

Can't delete old BT Yahoo email account.

Hi everyone.

I have not been with BT for some years now, so all my accounts have been deactivated and I no longer have any access to them and can't regain access due to lack of account numbers and such.

I have contacted BT to delete the Yahoo mail I had with them, but they claim there is nothing they can do since my account is now deactivated (about 6 years ago). But the Yahoo email account is still active and I had still been using it through these 6 years. They claim that it no longer works because I didn't pay for it when I left them, I didn't pay, but the account is still active and I can still login to MyBT. But there is absolutely no option in MyBT or the email account to delete the account and all associated email accounts. Yahoo help tells me to contact BT customer support. But I am not contacting them again after the unhelpful nature I received, there was a lot of silence, no help at all. 

They described my account as being in limbo, they can't delete it and nor can Yahoo. If someone would be an absolute diamond and give me some decent advice and help, it would be very much appreciated.

BT are the worst company I have had the misfortune of dealing with, they have no care or consideration for customers at all, they're too big for their boots. 

Thank you in advance for any help given, it's be highly appreciated!!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't delete old BT Yahoo email account.

@tmchapman Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings