Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Can't get emails with iOS app after yahoo migration

Hi,

My wife has a premium bt email account which was an old yahoo account (and an even older talk21 account). She was recently instructed to remove the old account and resign with the mail.btinternet.com account, but following the instructions we always get the message that her username and password are not correct. I have reset the password many times and can sign in to BT.com just fine. This has been going on for over a month and telephone support has not helped.

Whilst I can access the mailbox through the website the service is not very good (search didn't work properly for starters). Telephone support tried to palm me off saying it was iOS that had the problem BUT I also cannot access the mailbox using the official BT mail app for iOS and I also tried using the Thunderbird mail client and got the same results.

My hunch is that something went wrong with the migration and my wife's mailbox password is not consistent with her bt.com account. I suspect the only reason I can access the mailbox through the web site is because the website is connecting through a single sign-on mechanism (SAML?)

As an aside I tried migrating her mailbox to gmail and when Google's migration service receives the btinternet email address the pop up is branded with yahoo. If I sign in with my details I go back to a bt branded page but that page is a dead end.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't get emails with iOS app after yahoo migration

Try again changing the password but this time make no attempt to access or configure the account for at least one hour in order to give the password chance to sync across the servers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work. I still have the same issue.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Ok, it looks as though this might need intervention by the mods. I will alert them to the problem, they will post on the thread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Hi @youngwt, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help. 

Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Hi @youngwt,

Thanks for sending over your details. I've picked up the case. Can you get your wife to follow the instructions at https://www.bt.com/help/email/updating-your-bt-email-settings and let me know how you get on? 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings