Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnoo
Expert
Message 1 of 27

Can't log In to Thunderbird E Mail

Go to solution

Keep getting message "Log In Failed, Enter New Password"

I know I have mails waiting to go to T/Bird, have looked on BT site.

But why is there a problem?

How can I solve?

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 27

Re: Can't log In to Thunderbird E Mail

Go to solution

If it has just started I would suggest that you do nothing other than wait. Do not change the password or any other settings.

The problem will usually resolve it self in a day or two meanwhile just use webmail.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

If it has just started I would suggest that you do nothing other than wait. Do not change the password or any other settings.

The problem will usually resolve it self in a day or two meanwhile just use webmail.

Yes it has just started, so I will wait.

But interested to know what is causing it, any ideas?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

There has been an ongoing problem for years where some BTYahoo email accounts using clients have a problem logging on. It appears to be a server problem but BT have never acknowledged it let alone said what was wrong.

If you are a BTMail account holder it could be something to do with BT changing the interface of the BTMail accounts on webmail but this is only an unsubstantiate guess.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 5 of 27

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

There has been an ongoing problem for years where some BTYahoo email accounts using clients have a problem logging on. It appears to be a server problem but BT have never acknowledged it let alone said what was wrong.

If you are a BTMail account holder it could be something to do with BT changing the interface of the BTMail accounts on webmail but this is only an unsubstantiate guess.

Do you mean a BT Mail Account holder ie the newer mail or would BTYahoo accounts, which I've got, be affected?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 27

Go to solution

The problem that I referred to that has been going on for years generally only affects BTYahoo accounts.

The other thing I suggested, was as I said, a totally un-substantiated comment.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 7 of 27

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

The problem that I referred to that has been going on for years generally only affects BTYahoo accounts.

That's the type of account that I have.

Just checked T/Bird again still can't access.

Anyway of getting Moderator to ask for action?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution

The moderators will take at least two or three days to get back to you as they deal with things on a first come first served basis. You should just wait a day or two and if it is still not working post back.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

The moderators will take at least two or three days to get back to you as they deal with things on a first come first served basis. You should just wait a day or two and if it is still not working post back.

OK, will do

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 27

Go to solution

@Johnoowrote:

@gg30340wrote:

That's the type of account that I have.

Just checked T/Bird again still can't access.

Anyway of getting Moderator to ask for action?

The moderators haven't managed to get any action done yet to sort out this problem. I don't believe the mail team have either been tasked to investigate or even care about the BTYahoo side of things.

The only thing that has sometimes kick started an app/client access is a password change - some have suggested it might take more than one change. I personally believe nothing should be done, but stop all devices auto-checking. Then try only one device every hour, but only do one check. When access restarts, again don't start all devices checking, do one at a time manually.

0 Ratings