cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can't log in to email

Hello, I haven't been able to log into my BT email for two days. I am still logged in on the app on my phone, but I can't log in from my desktop or from my mobile internet browser. I enter my usual email address and password, but I either get a message saying that I have the wrong password, or (after trying just twice) I get a message saying that I've tried to log in too many times and that I need to wait 20 mins before trying again. 

I've tried to re-set my password but I get a message saying I've been sent a verification code. However, the verification code never arrives to my email address (which I can still check via the app).

I've tried clearing my cache, and I've tried in both Chrome and Firefox. What else should I try?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't log in to email

If you can still access your email and send and receive on your phone there is obviously nothing wrong with your password and your attempt at changing the password has not gone through.

Can you log on to the email account using a web browser on your desktop computer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Can you log on to the email account using a web browser on your desktop computer?

No, I can't log in from a desktop computer or from mobile internet, I've tried on Chrome and Firefox.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

When you try to log on via the browser are you entering the password manually or using the browsers stored password?

Can you log on to your MyBT and go to "your product"  then  "mail manage" and when there what is the status of your account and do you have it as your favourite?

Can you go to the email account's inbox from there?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I am entering the password manually. I have cleared the Chrome cache as well (I don't do this on every attempt but I've done it a couple of times in the past 24 hrs). 

I am already logged in to MyBT, but as soon as I click on "MyBT>>your products" I get taken to a login screen (slightly differently formatted to the usual email login) and I get asked for my login details. I've tried entering my email and password there, but i keep getting told I have the wrong password. Eventually I get a message saying that I have to wait 20 mins to log in again.

However, if I enter the same details into the BTCommunity login above,then it works and I can at least log in to post here.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

The MyBT and email log on is not connected with this forum so just because you can log on here does not mean it should be ok for the email log on.

Try this link. Try both the old then the one you tried to change it to.

BTMail 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hello, 

I've tried the link that you've sent to me, but I got the same behavior. I don't know what you mean by "Try both the old then the one you tried to change it to." I haven't changed my password, if that's what you mean. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

You stated in your first message "I've tried to re-set my password but I get a message saying I've been sent a verification code. However, the verification code never arrives to my email address (which I can still check via the app)"

This is the one I was referring to when I said to try both. I appreciate you did not verify the change and as such it should not have changed and as you can still log in on your phone it would appear not to to have changed but to be sure that is why you should try it .

0 Ratings